IPMA Level B® Certified Senior P3 Manager
An individual certified at Level B has provided clear and convincing evidence of competent performance managing complex projects, programs, or portfolios.
Experience must have been acquired within the last 8 years. If your career was interrupted (e.g., for military service or parental leave), that period can be extended to 12 years. The minimum experience requirements for Level B are:
The minimum experience requirements for Level B are:
- Certified Senior Project Manager:
- 5 years (7,500 hours on-the-job) as a project manager of which at least 3 years (4,500 hours on-the-job) were in a leadership role for a complex project
- Certified Senior Program Manager:
- 5 years (7,500 hours on-the-job) as a program manager of which at least 3 years (4,500 hours on-the-job) were in a leadership role for a complex program
- Certified Senior Portfolio Manager:
- 5 years (7,500 hours on-the-job) as a portfolio manager of which at least 3 years (4,500 hours on-the-job) were in a leadership role for a complex portfolio
If you’re not sure if your experience qualifies, go to Application Downloads and to download the IPMA CertificationApplication 2019 workbook and use the 5.PM Exp worksheet to fill your Project Management Experience to decide.
Management Complexity Requirements
IPMA updated Management Complexity Rating worksheet is in the IPMA_CertificationApplication_2019 Workbook and you can use it to determine the level of management complexity of each candidate’s projects, programs, and portfolios. The following 10 indicators are used to evaluate management complexity:
- Objectives and results
- Methods, tools, and techniques
- Risk and opportunities
- Stakeholders and integration
- Relations with permanent organizations
- Cultural and social context
- Leadership, teamwork, and decisions
- Degree of innovation and general conditions
- Demand for coordination
- Is responsible for leadership and management of a complex project, program, or portfolio.
- Manages the management team.
- Develops and coaches personnel to improve their competence and performance.
- Contributes to the development of project, program, or portfolio management improvements.
- Download your application and its supporting documents here: Application Downloads.
- For a description of application and assessment processing, go here: Competence Assessment Process.
Be a Member of PMAS
Project Management Association Singapore (PMAS) is a national organisation founded in 2016 and a partner in the international project management community.
We seek to promote project management methodology through active exchange and development of project-based and academic knowledge between professionals in all fields of project management.
We do this by providing best practices know-how and connecting key consultants and practitioners to help every company align their vision and mission.
IPMA products are available at IPMA shop.
Get in touch with us to find out about discounts to members.
PMAS as a Member Association of IPMA is a primary point of contact and IPMA services delivery solution for most practitioners. IPMA is a Federation of the leading Project Management associations in each nation which advocates the PM profession on a global basis.