IPMA Level A® Certified P3 Director
An individual certified at Level A has provided clear and convincing evidence of competent performance managing very complex projects, programs, or portfolios at a strategic level.
Experience must have been acquired within the last 12 years.
The minimum experience requirements for Level A are:
Certified Project Director: 5 years (7,500 hours on-the-job) as a project manager managing very complex projects of which at least 3 years were at a strategic level
- Certified Program Director:
5 years (7,500 hours on-the-job) as a program manager managing very complex programs at a strategic level, OR
4 years (6,000 hours on-the-job) as a program manager managing very complex programs at a strategic level, AND 3 years (4,500 hours on-the-job) as a project manager managing very complex projects at a strategic level
- Certified Portfolio Director:
5 years (7,500 hours on-the-job) as a portfolio manager managing very complex portfolios at a strategic level, OR
4 years (6,000 hours on-the-job) as a portfolio manager managing very complex portfolios at a strategic level, AND 3 years (4,500 hours on-the-job) as a project or program manager managing very complex projects or programs at a strategic level
If you’re not sure if your experience qualifies, go to Application Downloads and download the IPMA Certification Application 2019 workbook and use the 5.PM Exp worksheet to fill your Project Management Experience to decide.
Management Complexity Requirements
IPMA updated Management Complexity Rating worksheet is in the IPMA_CertificationApplication_2019 Workbook and you can use it to determine the level of management complexity of each candidate’s projects, programs, and portfolios. The following 10 indicators are used to evaluate management complexity:
- Objectives and results
- Methods, tools, and techniques
- Risk and opportunities
- Stakeholders and integration
- Relations with permanent organizations
- Cultural and social context
- Leadership, teamwork, and decisions
- Degree of innovation and general conditions
- Demand for coordination
- Contributes to strategy and makes proposals to senior management.
- Develops and coaches project, program, and portfolio personnel to improve their competence and performance.
- Directs the development of project, program, and portfolio management infrastructure (e.g., process descriptions, methods, techniques, tools, handbooks).
- Download your application and its supporting documents here: Application Downloads.
- For a description of application and assessment processing, go here: Competence Assessment Process.
Be a Member of PMAS
Project Management Association Singapore (PMAS) is a national organisation founded in 2016 and a partner in the international project management community.
We seek to promote project management methodology through active exchange and development of project-based and academic knowledge between professionals in all fields of project management.
We do this by providing best practices know-how and connecting key consultants and practitioners to help every company align their vision and mission.